Saturday, October 6, 2007

Stupid hat

So it's October in Chicago, and despite our high of 88 today, winter is going to be on us quicker than TMZ on Britney's panties, so I decided this year I'd be prepared. Instead of struggling from place to place playing chicken with frostbite. A nice scarf, a cute hat, some gloves. You know, winter stuff.

Since I quit smoking, I'm knitting like a crazy woman these days. So I figured I'd start with making a hat. Nothing fancy, just an easy peasy knitted hat. So I got my old copy of Stitch n Bitch, found a hat pattern, and got to work.

This is what I ended up with:



Which is fine for a newborn, but it's too dinky for my noggin:



So, I tried again. This time I added 20 stitches, so it was 84 instead of 64. It was a bit of an improvement:



But still looked kind of silly:



After all, I'm a pretty far cry from your average skate board hero.

So I'm trying it again, this time with 100 fluffy blue stitches and little more attention to detail on the stars. Third time's the charm, and all that.

Deep down inside, though, I think I could totally pull off wearing that dinky hat.

No comments: