Wednesday, April 25, 2007

YouTube - Tom Waits - Elephant Beer Blues 1976 - pt 1

YouTube - Tom Waits - Elephant Beer Blues 1976 - pt 1



Tom Waits makes me want to sit back and feel sorry for myself for not filling my life with more hookers and hours in a drunk tank. When the pity party's over, I want to get up and just start walking, grabbing life by the nuts, doing whatever the hell I want and having the moxie to stand behind whatever nonsense dribbles out of my mouth. I want to come up with words that dance off my tongue and tango into the ears and hearts of those who care to listen, coming up with pithy sayings and heartbreaking characters who storm into your soul and take your imagination by storm.

But I think I'm doing some of that already, a little bit here, a little bit there, and it doesn't seem to be all it's cracked up to be.

No comments: